Saturday, June 28, 2014

Watercolor VersaMark Reveal


Do you remember being told not to bother stamping VersaMark ink onto white cardstock because it doesn't look good unless you emboss?  That is so not true!  All it needs is one more thing added to it and you can get amazing results.  

Do you want to know what it is?  (No, it's not chalk or perfect pearls this time, although those look great too!)

Watch my first ever video to find out.



For those of you who don't follow instructions, I will tell you.  Obviously I don't follow instructions well either, if I did I wouldn't have discovered this technique!  But please watch the video - since it's my first ever it would be nice to get a few views.

Stamp your image using VersaMark watermark ink onto watercolor paper.  Dry the ink with your heat tool.  Looks meh, just like they said it would right?  Now for the magic.  Watercolor over the image with distress ink.  It is so cool how the color is absorbed into the VersaMark!



I'm calling it Watercolor VersaMark Reveal.
Do you love it as much as I do?  Please leave me a comment to let me know.

After I figured this out, I really looked to see who else was doing this.  I found this one but that was it!  If you've done this before, send me a link to it, otherwise I'll continue to think I've discovered an amazing new technique!


I'm off to the mountains for a few days to do some biking but will be back next week with another video on a different variation of this technique!

Cheers,
Karen 

1 comment: