Thursday, October 30, 2014

Spooky!



I've been doing tons of Christmas cards lately, and since tomorrow is Halloween, I thought I'd get in the spirit of the current season!  So, I'm joining in CASology today where the Cue Card is Ghost, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!.


                                                    Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


I started off by cutting a mask for the ghost shape (hopefully it doesn't just look like a blob!) and placing it on my watercolor paper.  Then I inked up the rest of the paper with my VersaMark ink pad.  I removed the mask and dried the clear ink with my heat tool.  Then I blended some distress inks over the whole thing then took a wet brush and brushed over the ink to smooth it out and give it a more watercolored look.  You can keep adding ink with your brush until you are happy with the look.  Then I used the reverse mask to cover the sky and sprayed a shimmer spray over my ghost figure.  I added a few stars (W&W)  and the sentiment on the banner (Lawn Fawn) embossed in classic pewter, then distressed the edges of everything.


The absorbtion difference is quite dramatic.  The same color coverage was applied to the whole paper but the Versamark just sucks in the color!  Here is a  different card I used the same technique with.

Thanks so much for looking!
Karen







4 comments:

  1. So clever! You used the ghost technique to create a ghost! Love the look! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super spooky and VERY ghostlike, super lovely!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an eerie ghost image! Love the sparkle and the technique. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you made your ghost shadow, brilliant Halloween card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete